Spring 2021 - How to Return your Rental Textbooks
Please read all of this information before processing your rental return. Keep your books until the end of the semester or until you no longer need them for your exams!
We will not be able to refund you if you:
- return rented textbooks to the library
- return textbooks that are not rented
- return rented books from other sources (Amazon, Chegg etc.)
Returning Rentals in person:
You can return rental books in person at the College Store. You must have your Campus Card/ID and P# to return books.
- May 13 & 14, 9am – 4pm
- May 15, 12pm – 3pm
- May 17-21, 9am – 4pm
Not in the Potsdam area:
- Print the free prepaid return mailing label by May 22 (Continental United States Only)
- Complete and print the mail in rental return form (must be included in box)
- Enter your name, P# and phone number
- List all the rentals being returned in your shipment
- Place your books in a box with the mail in rental return form.
- Securely seal the box and the prepaid return shipping label to the outside of the box.
- Ensure your package is shipped by May 23 to avoid any charges.
You will not receive credit for books that do not meet our minimum standards of quality. If you are unsure of whether or not your book is acceptable, simply ask yourself if you would be satisfied if we sold it back to you.
Rental books must not have any of the following:
- Stains or water damage
- Missing, torn or loose pages
- Missing, torn or loose cover
- Excessive writing or marking
- A broken spine
- Torn or damaged binding
Q: WHAT HAPPENS IF I DON’T RETURN MY BOOK BY THE DUE DATE?
A: You were required to sign a contract and put a major credit card on file with us. If the book is not returned by the due date, is damaged, or is missing components you will be charged the full price for the book, minus the rental fee, plus a fine.
Q: WHAT HAPPENS IF I FORGET TO RETURN THE BOOK OR CAN’T REMEMBER WHAT WAS RENTED?
A: You will receive an email reminding you to return the book(s). However, it is your responsibility to remember to return the books and if you are unsure of what you rented you may call the store or email us.
Q: WHAT IF I WANT TO KEEP MY RENTED TEXTBOOK(S)?
A: Please contact our Course Materials Manager at 315-267-2218, Monday – Friday 9am – 3pm and you can pay the remaining cost and keep the book.
If you have any questions please contact us at [email protected]