Please enter search criteria
Textbook Rental Policies & FAQs
- WHAT IS A TEXTBOOK RENTAL? Textbook Rental is a program allowing you to obtain a textbook for your class with out purchasing it. There are considerable savings if you rent a book vs. purchasing one, and all you have to do is return the book by the end of the semester.
- HOW DO I PAY FOR A RENTAL TEXTBOOK? All major credit cards are accepted at The College Store along with cash and Bear Express. A major credit card also must be provided to be kept on file should the book get damaged or not be returned by the due date.
- WHERE DO I GO TO RENT A TEXTBOOK? Rental textbooks are available on our web site (bookstore.potsdam.edu) and in The College Store.
- HOW DO I KNOW WHICH BOOKS ARE AVAILABLE TO RENT? You may go to our web site (bookstore.potsdam.edu) and if the book is available as a rental it will indicate this. If it is not available, you will not see a rental option. You may also inquire at the store.
- WHAT HAPPENS IF I DON’T RETURN MY BOOK BY THE DUE DATE? You will be required to sign a contract and put a major credit card on file with us. If the book is not returned by the due date, is damaged, or is missing components you will be charged the full price for the book, minus the rental fee, plus a fine.
- CAN I HIGHLIGHT THE BOOK AND MAKE NOTES? Normal use of note taking and highlighting is allowed. Missing and loose pages are not, nor is any moisture damage allowed. The College Store reserves the right to refuse the return of any textbook in an unacceptable condition.
- WHAT HAPPENS IF I FORGET TO RETURN THE BOOK OR CAN’T REMEMBER WHAT WAS RENTED? You will receive an email reminding you to return the book(s). However, it is your responsibility to remember to return the books and if you are unsure of what you rented you may call the store or stop in and check.